Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Stylized Figurative Oil Painting with Umbrellas and Gossip

Garden Party
25 X 55  oil on canvas
available at Bogan Gallery on Postoffice St. in Galveston
contact me for purchase and commissions: allison@mallisonartist.com
© M. Allison 2010
 Can you imagine the tete a tete these 'girls' are having with each other (and maybe the conversation about the few down the way?  This painting just flew by and that's a sign of total immersion into it - forgetting time and the world around.  It's such a peaceful place to be. 
I have discovered a new color that I think I've mentioned previously called Davey's Gray by Grumbacher.  I love it!  This painting tells so many stories - whatever you want to perceive.


Affiliated with:
Artists of Texas
Daily Painters of  Texas
Figurative Artists International
Mixed Media Artists International
Artists Alive and Well

1 comment:

Giselle Vidal McMenamin said...

Great piece. I have that Davey's gray. It is wonderful.