Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Very Contemporary Self Portrait

Self Portrait
36 X 48 oil on canvas

contact me for commissions or purchases;
allison@mallisonartist.com
© M. Allison 2011


How many artists paint a painting and then call it a self portrait after the fact?  Well... it could be me or it could be you or it could be your best friend.  That's the fun of the figurative paintings I do without features.  Please forgive the irregular outline of the gold (still trying to perfect my photography!)  I do like the gold around the edges - a painted frame.  I used 'Rub n Buff', a product I use a lot that comes in a little tube that really isn't to be used as paint in a painting, but to me it works great in so many ways.  So what's her name anyway?


Artists of Texas
Daily Painters of Texas
Contemporary Fine Art International
Figurative Artists International
Mixed Media Artists International
Daily Paintworks


I also have a new Facebook page called M.AllisonArt.  Take a look and give me a 'like'.
Much appreciated



3 comments:

Dee Doyle said...

Very nice. I like your loose style. Fun!

Dee Doyle said...

Yes, I clicked to follow! Come visit mine as well. See you in the blogosphere!

Amaco said...

Thanks for using AMACO's Rub 'n Buff. We are amazed by the uses found for this product. Yours is no exception!